Driving in the EU


Planning to go? Here's what you need to know.

For UK driving licence holders travelling to the EU

• UK driving licence holders may need an International Driving Permit to drive in Europe after 29 March 2019. This can be obtained from the Post Office for a fee of £5.50. The type of permit you will need depends on the country where you intend to drive. Details can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/international-driving-permits-for-uk-drivers-from-28-march-2019 https://www.gov.uk/guidance/international-driving-permits-for-uk-drivers-from-28-march-2019
• We will need to know if you intend to drive one of our UK registered vehicles to Europe. We will provide you with a V103c (vehicle on hire certificate), GB sticker and a Green Card, unless you have your own insurer, who will then provide this to you.

For EU and EEA driving licence holders travelling to the UK

• EU and EEA driving licence holders will not need an International Driving Permit to drive in the UK after 29 March 2019. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prepare-to-drive-in-the-eu-after-brexit#eu-drivers-visiting-or-living-in-the-uk-after-eu-exit
• Foreign registered vehicles coming into the UK will need a Green Card for insurance purposes. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visiting-the-uk-after-brexit#driving-in-the-uk

If you need to contact us about an existing booking, or if you are looking to make a new reservation, please call:

•From within the UK: 020 7026 0077
•From outside the UK: 00 44 20 7026 0077
For more information on the above points, and for further details on additional changes, please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prepare-to-drive-in-the-eu-after-brexit

2. Contact us by phone

If you are looking for help with an existing, or new reservation, please select your destination so we can provide you with the correct phone number.


+353 (0)53 915 250

Hours of Operation:
Mo-Fr 0900-1300 1400-1730 Sa-Su closed